On November 26, as the highlight of the “Sino-German Clean Heating Conference and Technology Forum”, five Sino-German cooperation projects were awarded with the first Sino-German Energy Efficiency Cooperation Projects Award under the auspices of the German Federal Ministry for Economic Affairs and Energy (BMWi) and the National Development and Reform Commission (NDRC).
The “Sino-German Energy Efficiency Cooperation Projects Award” has been initiated by BMWi and NDRC within the framework of the Sino-German Energy Partnership. The award aims to select and promote outstanding best practice examples of Sino-German cooperation in the field of energy efficiency and energy conservation. Winners were chosen out of a pool of applications based on different criteria – such as innovativeness, solutions, technologies, business models and energy-saving effects – by a jury of nine renowned German and Chinese experts. The selection process was jointly organized by the Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH and the ESCO Committee of China Energy Conservation Association (EMCA).
The winners of the first Sino-German Energy Efficiency Cooperation Projects Award are
Passive House Technologies Center (PHTC) in the Sino-German Eco Park in Qingdao
- German partner: Siemens Limited China
- Chinese partner: Qingdao Sino-German Ecopark Passive House Engineering Technologies Co. Ltd.
Panasonic Cold Chain (Dalian) Co., Ltd. Energy-Saving Heating Service Project
- German partner: Schulte GmbH
- Chinese partner: Beijing Warmland Energy Service Co., Ltd
Clean Energy Heating on Chang’an Campus, College of High Technology, Xi’an University of Technology
- German partner: ELCO Heating Solutions
- Chinese partner: Sinoheat
Resource and Energy Efficiency Network of the Suzhou National New and High-Tech Industrial Development Zone
- German partner: Arqum Gesellschaft für Arbeitssicherheits-, Qualitäts- und Umweltmanagement GmbH
- Chinese partner: Environmental Protection Bureau of the Suzhou National New and Hi-Tech Industrial Development Zone
Jiangsu Datang Lusi Port Power Plant Heating Reconstruction Phase I
- German partner: Körting Hannover AG
- Chinese partner: Presence Energy Technologies (Beijing) Co.,Ltd
The winners demonstrate that outstanding energy saving effects go hand in hand with excellent business opportunities for German and Chinese companies. In his opening remarks and laudation, Mr. Moritz Lumma, Minister Counsellor of the Economic Department, German Embassy, congratulated all winners, saying: “Your work shows that energy efficiency does lead to outstanding energy conservation results. […] I hope that many more German and Chinese companies will follow your examples, paving the way towards a low-carbon economy.” For more information about the “Sino-German Energy Efficiency Cooperation Projects Award”, please contact email@example.com.